Sunday, January 6, 2013

Be what you seek


Be What You Seek

Today I celebrate the Epiphany! This is when the three wise men--who were really paying attention to the signs of the times--went in search of and ultimately found Jesus.  I wanted to post a picture that I accidently found about six months ago. It showed the three wise men racing across the desert toward their goal. What an image! Oh, that we would all race toward our goals with as much zeal and enthusiasm. If I find the picture, I will post it later.

In the meantime, please consider this celebration as a gentle reminder to be a light for others in your world. Whatever you may be seeking, while you are seeking, you can "be" that which you seek. You can be a light for others. This was posted in our local paper on Christmas day--it has become my mantra for 2013:

"Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light. And forgive."

As the kings marched forth to Bethlehem...as you march forth to your dreams, may we all be sign-posts lighting the way for others!

No comments:

Post a Comment