Sunday, March 3, 2013

That's what it's all about!

Hurrah!

Last week I learned that someone I recently met was encouraged and strengthened in a time of personal trial by the assurance that comes from March 4th!  Hearing stories like hers convinces me that March 4th is a gift to the world!

This new acquaintance and I are members of a book group that meets online. Since our group meets on Monday, I naturally shared with everyone about how I celebrate March 4th as "National Do Something Day" which falls on Monday this year. During our meeting last week,one of the women told me that she had clung to the thought of Marching Forth and it had helped her tremendously.

She was originally scheduled to begin her new job on March 4th. Anything new can be scary, but her transition was particularly difficult because of the treatment she received from the former employer. She shared me with how she just kept repeating, "I need to March Forth, I just need to March Forth." And that little mantra helped her get through it. All glory goes to God! I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. I couldn't have been happier knowing that I had a small part to play in this gift.

I am here to tell you that I have heard stories similar to this from people who have remembered March 4th--and found it to be a source of strength. I continue to tell people about March 4th because I have witnessed its power. It is similar to the North Star post from January.

If, at the very least, thinking of March 4th brings a smile to someone's face it is worth it. (Smiles are contagious you know, and quite therapeutic.) Small gift or large, I am more than happy to share March 4th with all of you and ask that you share it with others as well.

And, if you happen to hear about any other inspiring stories related to March 4th, please feel free to comment below or post it on the March 4th Fan Page.

Marching Forth filled with joy!

(P.S. And you thought the hokey-pokey was what it was all about!)

No comments:

Post a Comment